Say "Aloe" to healthy and happy skin!
For most people having a proper skincare routine is a cumbersome process, but the benefits of having a skincare regime are multifarious. You can find the difference when you make a comparison between a pre-routine and a post-routine skin. A common question that goes around and comes back to most skincare experts is that "how important is it to have a skincare routine?" and "what products should I use?" As these questions often plague the mind of the readers, it's best to answer them in the simplest way possible: If you need and want healthy and naturally radiant skin, then you must work for it. Glowing skin is not a miracle; it's the result of a proper skincare regime. As for the products that you should use, there are a few pointers that you should know:
- Know your skin type.
- Know the issues that your skin faces.
- Always perform a patch test.
- Use products meant for the face and the body separately since the facial skin is more tender than those on the body.
Select based on your needs.
A skincare routine is the basic TLC that you are ought to provide your skin for healthy and happy skin. Aloe Vera leaves, or Aloe Barbadensis, are famous for their benefits in skincare. The naturally grown succulent is not only gentle on your skin but can also treat the problems that plague your skin daily, like acne, excess oil, dirt, clogged pores, wounds, and scars. It also boasts of a soothing and cooling effect and is a reliable and capable option for treating skin burns and sunburns. Its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties reduce irritation and redness and also clear the skin of harmful microbes. When incorporated as a part of your skincare routine, Aloe Vera makes it a perfectly natural and organic regime that is not harsh on the skin and does not produce side effects as it is completely extracted from mother nature.
The basic skincare routine steps are:
These three are the basic steps for any time of the day, whether it's a daytime or a nighttime routine. For instance, a daytime routine must incorporate a day cream that is light but moisturizing, and for a nighttime routine, a rich night serum is a most commonly used product as it needs to heal and repair your skin overnight.
A skincare routine with aloe vera would ensure a holistic approach towards healthy and glowing skin.
- Cleansing: An aloe vera-based cleanser not only cleanses your face but also ensures proper hydration. As we know that Aloe Vera has moisturizing and hydrating properties, cleansers with aloe become a perfect agent for nourishment and moisturization. Aloe vera gel cleansers are gentle on your skin and fight free radicals smoothly. It clears out pores and removes excess sebum. The removal of excess oil and unclogging of pores helps in battling acne. It then ensures that the skin gets the required amount of hydration and moisture. Unlike most cleansers or face washes, aloe vera cleansers and aloe vera face washes do not make your skin tight after a wash. Instead, it ensures proper moisturizing. The gel also provides a calming effect and relieves the skin of irritation and redness that the dirt and radicals might have caused. Aloe vera is a very gentle cleanser even for the body, and aloe vera-based shower gel or body wash nourishes the entire body. It enables the body and face to get rid of dead skin cells, and aloe vera-based exfoliators are especially adept at clearing the dead and damaged cells.
- Toning: Toning refers to the process of smoothening your skin post a proper cleansing and is a prep step for moisturizing. Toning helps in soothing the skin and plains out the uneven portions of the skin. Aloe vera toners ensure the skin's even toning, smooth out the opening of the unclogged pores, and relieve the entire skin from any harsh chemicals or radicals left. Aloe vera toners also clean out the deeper impurities in the skin. These toners have protective and cooling abilities. Aloe vera Toners protect the skin from damage and also heal the wounded skin. It helps in regenerating the damaged cells and boosts the collagen of the skin, thus helping them form new skin cells.
- Moisturizing: moisturizing is the last step for a complete skincare process. Aloe vera-based gel moisturizers or aloe vera facial treatment gels are usually used for the face to hydrate, nourish, and protect the facial skin from radiation, pollution, harsh weather conditions, and ensure that there are no acne breakouts. The facial routine also incorporates the day creams and night creams applied according to the time; a day cream gives light moisture and protects the skin from weather abuse, whereas a night cream usually contains serums to treat the damaged skin heal them overnight. At the same time, aloe vera moisturizers for the body or body gels are specially meant for the skin all over as they comb all the problems the skin faces. It protects the skin, heals the skin from cracking, and ensures the healing of wounds and removal of scars. The all-purpose creams can be used both on the face and body for spots that need extra attention at all times of the day. A moisturizer should ensure proper moisture lock along with a protective layer. Still, aloe vera-based moisturizers or gels also ensure the healing of damaged skin cells and provide the cooling of irritated skin. It also fights signs of aging other than the usual sunburns and scars.